On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:29:18AM -0600, Alfredo Cole wrote:
> El Jue 06 May 2004 11:05, escribió:
> > On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:55:38AM -0600, Alfredo Cole wrote:
> >
> > At the time I wrote Chapter 8 of High Performance MySQL, I tried to
> > discuss the available options:
> >
> >   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hpmysql/toc.html
> >
> > However, some of the commercial information was hard to come by, so if
> > you're looking at those, you may need to discuss with the vendors too.
> >

> Jeremy:
>
> I have ordered your book from Amazon.com.

Great, thanks.  I hope it's helpful.

> But I am not planning to use a commercial solution. I want to use
> OpenMosix, which is released under the GPL. Any suggestions would be
> welcome.

My knowledge of OpenMosix is extremely limited.  I've not heard of
anyone successfully using MySQL with OpenMosix for fail-over.  That
doesn't mean it hasn't been done, but it'd be news to me.

I assume you've also asked on the relevant OpenMosix list(s).  One
would hope they'd know.  But maybe not.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

[book] High Performance MySQL -- http://highperformancemysql.com/