El Vie 07 May 2004 00:20, escribió:
(...)

> My knowledge of OpenMosix is extremely limited.  I've not heard of
> anyone successfully using MySQL with OpenMosix for fail-over.  That
> doesn't mean it hasn't been done, but it'd be news to me.
>
> I assume you've also asked on the relevant OpenMosix list(s).  One
> would hope they'd know.  But maybe not.
>
> Jeremy

This is the reply I got from Moshe Bar (OpenMosix developer):

***
Even if threads of an application can't migrate, other processes (which eat
up resources away from the application in question) can migrate away and
therefore speed up the application.

I can't stress enough that it is not the migration that speeds up the
applications, it's the load balancing that increases throughput.

Moshe
***

So there may be hope. I will setup two computers with OM next week and see
what I can do with them. Thank you and regards.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com