Is it possible to copy a working MySQL database and a
page driven by that database to another website? If
so, it would a great learning resource - a working
model.

I jumped into the world of PHP and MySQL a few weeks
ago. I'm now working with PHP includes, but I've
barely scratched the surface of MySQL. I have made
MySQL databases, but I haven't yet learned how to use
them to manipulate pages, nor have I navigated the
username/password maze and got a database online.

Rather than ask a zillion questions on forums, I'd
like to get my hands on a working model, which would
probably fill in many of the blanks. Could I give
someone my temporary password and ask them to copy a
simple database and matching page to one of my
websites, or is that even feasible? The second option
would be to solicit the code for a webpage driven by a
database, recreate it and publish it online, then get
some specs regarding the database, create it, and
publish it online.

Below is a brief synopsis of the project I'm working
on.

* * * * * * * * * *

I'm working on a series of websites focusing on the
world's nations and the 50 states. I'm using PHP
includes to designate the name and linking code for
every jurisdiction. Thus, $myname = 'Alaska'
transforms the title element to "Alaska" on a
particular page, and identifies it as a member of the
United States and North America, with linking codes us
and na.

This forms a "bread crumbs" type link sequence at the
top of each page:

Home > World > North America > U.S. > Alaska

I also use nation and state codes to identify css
elements. For example, the page's title might be:

myname></div>

Thus, the div's id translates into id="titleak" for
Alaska, with the word "Alaska" replacing echo myname.

Many people have told me to use a database, but it's
so complex. Rather than spend another two weeks
figuring it out, I'd like to get my hands on a working
model so I can understand some of the concepts
discussed in MySQL's tutorials.

Thanks!