Roy Smith wrote:

I've got a bunch of files which contain packed fixed-field-width records. The records are pretty long; depending on the file, as long as 1000 characters and 10's of fields. Fields are a mix of numeric and alphanumeric types.

What's the best way to load these into mysql? Mysqlimport looks like it only handles delimited data.

I think I'd use either perl or php to process the file. If you aren't into programming, import the fixed width file into access (which does handle fixed width fields) then export to a comma separated value file.

bob