At 14:43 +0000 4/30/04, shaun thornburgh wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to synchronize two databases - the source is on a FreeBSD web server and the target is on our local Windows 2000 Server machine. I am trying to do this using Webyog (www.webyog.com) which tells Windows to sync with the source machine every hour.

However, this is producing errors because the MySQL installation on the local machine isn't case sensitive, therefore it isn't recognizing the same tables. How can I rectify this, I can't find any documentation on the MySQL site regarding this...?

Search for lower_case_table_names.

However, first determine this: On the FreeBSD machine, do you have
tables in a given database that differ only in lettercase.  For example,
do you have a table named ABC and a table named abc in the same database?
If you do, then you'll have some definite difficulty replicating them
to a machine that doesn't have case-sensitive filenames.  You'll be
better off renaming one of the tables, or perhaps making a different
choice of slave server host.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA