Hi Robert,

the criteria for the record_1 and record_15 is that both are in the same
table, but in different records and to find each one it is necessary to
perform a WHERE clause.

Let's I give you the real example:

My problem is while inserting a new record in my table named
"ScanQuantification", I will need to update another table named "Scan", IF
a value from the field "ScanQuantificationValue" from table
"ScanQuantification" is equal or greater than a "calculate value".

The "calculate value" comes from this formula:

( ( A + B ) / 2 +  C)

where:

A is a value find from the field "ScanQuantificationValue" from table
"ScanQuantification" where the "TimePoint" = 8

B is a value find from the field "ScanQuantificationValue" from table
"ScanQuantification" where the "TimePoint" = 9

C is a value find from the field "TrialBaseValue" from table "Trial"

This is easy to do using the PHP language. However I will have different
Trials and each one has different "formula". That's why I want to put the
SELECT to work for me.

Thanks

Andre

--