Hello,

MySQL version: 3.23.58

Each week I make a hotcopy of numerous database files.
I tar them and gzip them, and move them to an archive machine.

I then use a second machine to read from the archive, untar and ungzip
the files, and presto! I have exact copies of my databases running on
a backup server.

I even prove that the MyISAM files are the same using MD5 checksums.

Then why do I get different results from the queries?

The copied tables are sometimes missing weeks worth of data, even
though the MyISAM files appear to be identical.  Strange, eh!?

-Andy

--
NOAA/OAR/FSL/AD   R/FS5  |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]