Hi All,

I have just installed mysql-4.0.18 on my cobalt RaQ4 and for the first time
seemed to actually got somewhere! however, my existing PHP scripts failed to
connect to localhost as the password has not been set after the install. I
ran the following command (obviously seriously misunderstood the docs)

mysqladmin -u root password new-password

I thought the above syntax would ask me for the password but it didn't now
all commands return

'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)'

How do I actually set a password, and more importantly, how do I reset the
password for root, and what did I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Phil.