On Wed, 5 May 2004 09:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
My Sql <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have got one serious doubt.
> Can we access mysql database from the front end html. If it all it
> is possible, we have to right in javascript. ofcourse we can write
> it using JDBC(provided we have  a servlet engine integrated with a
> webserver). My question is can we access mysql database from the
> front end html using javacript. I would be really glad, if some one
> can help me in this regard.

Javascript is a client-side language, the code is executed by the user's browser.  It
has no way to connect to the database server and run queries so you need to use a
server-side programming language like Java (JDBC), PhP, Perl, etc.  Tomcat is a decent
servlet engine with a nice price tag (free) and PhP/Perl are pretty easy to get
working with an Apache server.  If you've never done this before, I'd advise to use
PhP as it has the smallest learning curve in my opnion.

Josh