if it is part of app. use soap to communicate with server and adopt your application. Send all your commands as one string parameter to server, and execute it all there. Such modification to is quite simple to write using gSoap library (if your application is C++ based) or Axis (Java).

mirza

William Wang wrote:

Thanks Jack and Jeremy.

But this is part of my application and I need to do
this automatically. I don't want to write a
server-client application to just to handle file
transimission and do pass the update cmd to local
server. Any idea? Thanks.

William

--- Jack Coxen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm guessing here but it sounds like you have the
cmd.sql file on your local
machine (in Europe).  If that's the case, compress
the file, ftp it to the
US server, uncompress it and do the load locally on
the US server.

If you're doing the update remotely, you're probably
being killed by
transmission time.  Transferring the file in toto to
the US server will be
quicker than having the communications lag of doing
sending a command from
Europe to the US, having the command execute and
then receiving the status
back in Europe...times 5000 records.

Hope this helps,

Jack