Greetings,

I've recently inherited a FreeBSD server running MySQL
3.23.54.  It's good and stable.  I have a second
server that runs as a slave to the first.  Everything
goes smoothly until I make changes to a certain table
on my master.  This will kill the slave with the error
that this table is read-only.  These are all MyISAM
tables.  I noticed recently that the various
directories have different permissions and access
levels on them and wondered what the correct levels
should be.  And...does this even have an effect on
whether the table can be written to?

Thanks in Advance

=====
Robert Reed