Hi,

Our healthcare organization has 2 geographical locations which I will
call corporate_office and satellite_office.

Currently, we run a medical application from a MySQL server at the
corporate_office. Users at the satellite_office use the same server.
Speed across the WAN is acceptable.

We want to set up replication to guard against loss of WAN connectivity.

All workstations should continue to use the MySQL server at the
corporate_office unless the WAN link goes down. Then users at the
satellite_office would switch to their own local server for both SELECT
and UPDATE, until such time as the WAN link comes back up and the
databases are re-synchronized. Then they would switch back to the
corporate_office.

Is this possible? Will it work robustly? I have been reading the MySQL
manual and there are seemingly many subtleties to setting up replication
correctly. I would greatly appreciate some input from the experienced
members of this list.

Thank you,

--

Eric Robinson