Can you post the explain plan and the query?

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd E. Hemphill
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5/20/04 9:32 AM
Subject: Very large query text?

I am having a tough time of it in production today ... Any help would be
appreciated.

I am executing a query of about 10k in size.

When I do this it takes about 15 seconds.

If I remove a bunch of case, sum and if statements but get the same
explain plan the query runs in 5 seconds (it size is less than 500
bytes).

What is the limiting factor?  Is it the size of the query or all the
computation I am doing with case, etc?

I have tried increasing query_prealloc_block but this did not help.  Any
suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Boyd