On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:36:08PM -0600, Sarix wrote:
> Cause when I do my web end to all this life
> is easy cause I can do $name = $row['Name'] and it works for PHP so I
> figured there has to be an API that would do that.. But I can't seem to find
> it in the documention. Is there something that will help with this, or is C
> just too old to have helpful ablitles like this. :)

People have written libraries for C to emulate higher-level languages.
Here is an example, but I've not used it myself:

  http://www.annexia.org/freeware/c2lib/doc/

It speaks of 'vectors', and you could easily wrap your DB access
routines in this, to give you something very like the named hashes
that Perl and PHP use.

--
Brian Reichert                          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842