At 18:01 -0400 on 06/01/2004, Bartis, Robert M (Bob) wrote about Re: Reloading Database with Foreign Keys:

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_foreign_key_constraints.html

mysql> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;
mysql> SOURCE dump_file_name;
mysql> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

Bob

Thanks - that was it and it fixed my problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert A. Rosenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 5:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Reloading Database with Foreign Keys

I just tried to reload a mysqldump created dump to a new server and got rejected due to lack of referential integrity. I remember the existence of a command I can insert in the file that will turn off the checking of the Foreign Keys while the recreation is being done but I can not locate it in the Docs.

Can someone help me by supplying me with the correct command (which I
remember as setting some switch to False/Off at the start of the
recreation and resetting it to True/On [or vice-versa] at the end of
the recreation)?

Thanks.