Hi,

I am using the following code but not getting a
connection. :( Can someone tell me what I am doing
incorrectly?

Thanks, Scott

package database_test;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.Statement;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.SQLException;

// Notice, do not import com.mysql.jdbc.*
// or you will have problems!

/**
 * <p>Title: Phone # regex:
^([(]?\d{3}[-)]\d{3}-\d{4})*$ </p>
 * <p>Description: </p>
 * <p>Copyright: Copyright (c) 2004</p>
 * <p>Company: </p>
 * @author unascribed
 * @version 1.0
 */
public class DBConnector
{
    //Class State
    private String dbuser,dbpasswd,dburl;

    public DBConnector()
    {
        dbuser="sspiegler";
        dbpasswd="cuatro";
        dburl=

"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/menagerie?user="+dbuser+"&password="+dbpasswd;
    }
    public DBConnector(String aDburl,String
aDbuser,String aDbpasswd)
    {
        this.dbuser=aDbuser;
        this.dbpasswd=aDbpasswd;
        this.dburl=aDburl;
    }

    public Connection getConnection () throws
SQLException
    {
        ResultSet rs=null;
        Connection conn=null;
        try
        {
            conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dburl);
            Statement state = conn.createStatement();
            rs = state.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM
pets");
            if (rs != null)
            {
                // here you would do something with
the ResultSet
            }
        }
        finally
        {
            if (rs != null)
            {
                rs.close();
            }
        }
        return conn;
    }
       /**
    *  *** for testing purposes only ***
    */
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        Connection conn = null;
        DBConnector dbc = new DBConnector();
        try
        {
            conn = dbc.getConnection();
        }
        catch(SQLException sqle)
        {
            System.out.println("SQLException: " +
sqle.getMessage());
            System.out.println("SQLState: " +
sqle.getSQLState());
            System.out.println("VendorError: " +
sqle.getErrorCode());
        }
    }
}

=====
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    --Anais Nin