From: Sudip Shekhawat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Foreign Key on text field

Hi,

I am using MySQL 4.0.17. When I try to create a foreign key on a field
of
the type text, I get this error:

040609 15:02:31 Error in foreign key constraint of table
db_name/tb_name:
There is no index in the table db_name/tb_name where the columns appear
as the first columns. Constraint:
FOREIGN KEY (CEA_key) REFERENCES relation (CEA_key) ON DELETE CASCADE
)TYPE=InnoDB;

Can I create a foreign key on the text field?? In the parent table the
parent column has a index of length 64.

Thanks
Sudip