All:

We discovered a rather odd situation where some space characters where
being displayed as "?".

In tracking this down, it was determined that the server had stored the
hex value "A0" rather than "20"  by using this query:

select LocationId, LevelId, Hex(NameLn),NameLn
  from Location
 where LevelId = 3
 order by NameLn;

So, I issued this statement to fix it (using 4.0.16)

update Location
   set NameLn = replace(hex(NameLn), 'A0' , '20')
 where hex(NameLn) like '%A0%'

Now for the NameLn field I have the hex string  (arrrrrrg my data has
been hexed!!! :-)

So, my questions are:
1.  How do I go back from the hex string to characters?
2.  Has anyone else seen this problem?   At this point I can say the
diplay issue only appears on some browsers.

Thanks
Boyd