--- Chris W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you plan on using this process again, you may
> want to track down the
> source of the problem,  but if you aren't going to
> be exporting this way
> again and you just want to fix it, I would just open
> the csv file in a
> text editor and do a search and replace.

That's a good question. I'd like to export as little
as possible, but I'll probably be making constant
changers to my database. That means I'll have have to
modify my spreadsheet (my master record), then save it
as a csv file, then import it into my database.

But once I get organized, I imagine my database could
and should become my master record, and I can always
reverse the procedure and save it as a spreadsheet
file. Also, I want to learn how to import directly
from a spreadsheet into a database.

I finally broke down and purchased Navicat, which can
apparently export from Excel to MySQL. However, I
don't have Excel; I have Microsoft Works. And I hate
to buy Excel when I'm planning on getting StarOffice -
but will StarOffice work with Navicat and MySQL?

Welcome to the world of compatibility!