David,

Try writing your queries to the screen (or as comments into your HTML) then
running those queries *manually* from the MySQL client.  You should be able
to spot your design or logic errors pretty quickly.

Respectfully,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      David Blomstrom

                      <david_blomstrom@        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      yahoo.com>               cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      06/14/2004 06:51         Subject:  Tracking Down a Ghost
Database
                      PM

I'm not sure if I'm wrestling with a 1) PHP problem,
2) MySQL problem, or 3) operator error.

I have a really a page with a really nice script for
querying my database. I've previewed a variety of
pages, and everything was working fine.

Suddenly, everything went dead. My pages still preview
correctly, but I can't see any information from my
databases.

So I began troubleshooting the script without success.
I asked for a help on an online forum, and someone
said my script is just fine.

So I'm zeroing in on the database. The database
connection appears to be fine. I don't get any error
messages unless I type in a bogus host, username or
password. However, there's no error message if I
change the name of the database. Doesn't that seem
odd?

I did some work on my database recently, deleting and
renaming some columns and reworking the data. However,
I've checked repeatedly to make sure that I have the
proper fields listed in my query.

That's another thing - if I type in the name of a
bogus field or even table in my query, there's no
error message.

I think I just made a dumb mistake somewhere, but I'm
sure having a tough time tracking it down. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.