Cemal,

If the connection between your master and your slave is somehow proxied,
then your slave may never know it's address changed. If your slave doesn't
know it's broke, how can it fix itself?

How is this "Dynamic IP" actually being performed? (specifics please)

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      "Cemal Dalar"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       "gerald_clark" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:       "Group MySQL List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      06/17/2004 09:44         Fax to:

                      AM                       Subject:  Re: How to monitor that slave
is not working because of user
                                                rights?

My point was this situation should affect on Slave_SQL_Running value.. but
in real it is NOT..

Best Regards,
Cemal Dalar a.k.a Jimmy
System Administrator & Web Developer