First, make sure mysql server is running.

Second, make sure you have properly configured phpmyadmin in file config.inc.php. In particular, you have to set how phpmyadmin will connect to mysql (user and pass).

Michael

Daniel Clark wrote:

After the phpmyadmin login I got the same error.

In the phpmyadmin config files I had to set the local IP address that
phpmyadmin was on.

Strange. Didn't it default to localhost?

Dear Michael,

I want to use PHP, Apache, mySQL and phpMyAdmin for evaluation but I m not
able to get this rite.

I am trying to instal MySQL with phpMyAdmin and i get the error when view from :

http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/

#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

OS - WinXP Pro
Apache
phpMyAdmin 2.5.7

I tried reinstalling but not able to get. I checked Apache and php they
work fine except mySQL.

Any help will be appreciated. Feel free to email or contact me on phone #
below.