Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Jun 24), Jim Shea said:

I'm setting up a cron job to run myisamcheck with the options "-Aacmorv". As I have to put in a username and password, for security I

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html lists the available privileges and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_mysqlcheck.html describes the operation and options for mysqlcheck. I can't find a cross reference between the two!

There is no connection, since myisamchk directly accesses the
underlying table files without going through mysqld.

How about using the "CHECK TABLE" and "REPAIR TABLE" mysql commands
instead?

My bad, I meant mysqlcheck. The script we currently have does use "CHECK TABLE" and "REPAIR TABLE" commands however it must be modified when databases and tables are added/deleted. By using mysqlcheck and the -A option I can do all actions on all tables in all databases. By doing it after hours I don't care how long it takes.

Jim