I'm setting up a cron job to run myisamcheck with the options "-Aacmorv". As I have to put in a username and password, for security I want to create a special account that has the minimum required rights. In searching the docs I don't find this listed.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html lists the available privileges and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_mysqlcheck.html describes the operation and options for mysqlcheck. I can't find a cross reference between the two!

Second question; is -c (Check the tables for errors) redundant with -m (Do a check that is faster than an --extended operation. This finds only 99.99% of all errors, which should be good enough in most cases.)?

Thanks

Jim