Shawn,

Very Interesting idea.  I definitely want to look into this a bit more.

I fear though that the bin-logs might be written first to disk before they are copied over to the replicas.

Another member of my team mentioned there might be a way to issue direct MyISAM table INSERTS. She suggested that we could bypass the parsing and param checking of our large string-based INSERT queries.

Since our sampling application can guarantee the inputs on the INSERT, this would offer us a potential performance boost as there is no reason for MySQL to verify our INSERT query inputs a second time.

Does anyone know if the direct table/index insert idea is valid?