Hi everyone

We have some tables to record different data of the activity in our website.
The number of INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE operations in these tables is huge
(it could be more than 3000 a second). So far we don't have any speed
problems, all these tables are optimised using the right indexes and
everything is working ok. But now we are writing a Report Tool to get some
stats and figures from these tables. We have been doing a few tests and any
SELECT query taking more than one second or a few simultaneous SELECT, and
we have a real mess, lots of LOCKS. We definitely can not afford to slow
down the web site, and we have been thinking in a few possible solutions

1- Create a duplicate once a day of each of the tables we need to connect
from the Report Tool. We can do this in the period of less activity in the
site.
    This a safest solution because we will be running all the SELECT's
against the duplicates and there are no risks to cause problems in the site
but we will
    have the inconvenience that we can not get latest figures only the
previous days.

2- Use InnoDB instead of MyISAM, but we are not sure is this will be good
enough

3- Replication of these tables to another server ??

We  would appreciate a lot any ideas

Thanks a lot

Javier