At 18:48 +0100 7/5/04, Javier Diaz wrote:
Hi

I really don't like the idea to set innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit to 2, the
information in these tables is important. On the other hand there is nothing
I can do from the point of view of the number of transactions. Each process
run its own set of INSERTs and UPDATEs statements, so I can not reduce the
number of transactions being executed.

Looking to the MySQL documentation:
  >> Since the rotation speed of a disk is typically at most 167
revolutions/second, that constrains the number of commits to the same
167th/second
  >> if the disk does not fool the operating system

And that we are doing a LOT MORE INSERTs by second,  I'm afraid maybe the
only solution is go back to MyISAM :-(

By the way this figure of 167 revolutions/second is based on what kind of
hard disk?

Presumably one that spins at 10000 RPM. (167 * 60 is approximately 10000)

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA