Are you running spam assassin?  I'm finding that my slow query log is
showing the spam queries to really be dragging.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Sprickman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 2:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Egor Egorov
Subject: Re: slow response time

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> Do you have a summary of the poor performance somewhere?  Or at least
> a sense of where you think the bottleneck is?

The best I can tell you is that mysql + moderate qmail load on the same
box causes problems.  I don't know if this is a scheduler issue with
FreeBSD, or just qmail telling me that I should be using Postfix.

Out of the blue mysql will start logging stuff like this in the slow
query
log:

# administrator command: Ping;
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: squirrelmail[squirrelmail] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 47  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
# administrator command: Ping;
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: vpopmail[vpopmail] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 48  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0

Load is moderate, but not so bad that any other services on here are
affected in any perceptible way.

Thanks,

Charles