At 13:41 -0500 7/7/04, Robert Canary wrote:
Gee, how about just a little more coffee... ;-)

I meant, {long version}...
It could be the radius error is reflecting its failure to connect to the database because the database has no connections available. I found the max_connection variable (default is 90) and applied it to the safe_mysqld section in the my.cn it seemed to have did the trick, I am not getting the error anymore.

Okay. Then the error really was about increasing the number of available connections (not sockets), and setting max_connections is the right thing to do.