Thanks for the hint - i found it on MySQL.com 's documentation on ALTER
table
-------
ALTER TABLE works by making a temporary copy of the original table. The
alteration is performed on the copy, then the original table is deleted
and the new one is renamed. .........

Of course in this case, with my hard disk limit, I can not just modify
columns.

Thanks
Aman Raheja
Check out http://www.techquotes.com