List:       mysql
Subject:    [OT] Email addresses shown in archive at lists.mysql.com
From:       "Ian Gibbons" <mysql1 () fishnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-07-12 14:18:49
[Download message RAW]

Dear list,

After posting a question last week from an email address I only use for this
list, I
have already started to receive spam and virus reports.

Looking at the archives at lists.mysql.com I notice that the from address is
not
shown, just the name.

But...

If someone else quotes your message in a reply ( which is considered best
practice
in all mailing list I have ever been a member of ) email addresses are
displayed.

Is there anyway that these addresses can be removed/ blanked from the
archives?

I understand that my address could have ( and is likely to have ) been
harvested by
a list member infected with a virus, but with the growing increase in spam
shouldn't
the archives be clean by default?

Thoughts?

I will be unsubscribing from the list and re-subsubscrbing with a new
address shortly,
so don't be surprised if direct replies are bounced...

Regards

Ian