On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 05:28:04PM +0300, Heikki Tuuri wrote the following:
> Ian,
>
> note that the MySQL mailing list is also forwarded to the
> mailing.database.myodbc Usenet group, as well as to several mailing list
> archiving websites. Spam robots and viruses have plenty of places from which
> to harvest your email address if you write to this list.
>
> I personally receive some 2000 viruses and 300 spam emails per day to my
> email address.

I'm subscribed to at least 2 dozen mailing lists (I'm active on about a 1/4
of them, the others are informational for programs or interests I have) and
I don't get nearly that many viruses and spam, even in a week.

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large