Check out the manual section about replication.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Replication.html

Also read the user comments, sometimes you will find
useful code snippets and URLs.

PHP or perl would be my language of choice. A PHP
solution is mentioned in the user comments of the
above URL.

olinux