I am not familiar with "oscommerce" but since you are posting your question
here I assume that is has a MySQL backend.

You should be able to set up replication to do this. If you are planning to
run a full oscommerce database to store the offline products information,
you will need to use the --replicate-do-table option or the
--replicate-ignore-table options as necessary to limit replication to just
the tables you need.   Otherwise, I would create a master database that
only contained the tables you need to replicate. That way you have no
opportunity to overwrite any of your other online tables as the master
could never binlog any statements to make changes to tables it doesn't
contain.

There are many books and other resources available:
I would first RTFM for MySQL about replication
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Replication.html)
I would also read ch. 7 of _High Performance MySQL_ by Jeremy Zawodny and
Derek Balling (http://dev.mysql.com/books/hpmysql-excerpts/ch07.html)
Read the lists (I use either Google Groups or the MySQL list archives) to
see what problems others have run into about replication.

After reviewing the available literature, I would suggest that you just try
it out. Create a duplicate database on your oscommerce box and test the
connection from one server to the other. If that works well, you are
probably ready to replicate to your online database. (Don't forget about
your backups, just in case). Testing and experimentation is probably the
best way to actually "learn" about anything.

Please come back and share your experiences with the list. This is very
much a learning community and the more case studies we get the better
educated all of us become!! Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      "Business A2Z"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "MySQL-Lista" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      r.co.uk>                 cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      07/11/2004 09:42         Subject:  oscommerce online offline
replication
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      info

Hi All

This may be a longshot or it could just be the place where the answer is.
have asked something similiar before regarding this but never could a clear
view
of the way to proceed.

Anyway, here it is.  Simply I have an offline mirror of oscommerce what I
woould
like to do is keep the online version updated with the offline recordset
(products)  is there a way to do this without overwriting the tables?
Ideally
there are other fields from the online version I would like to keep updated
offline in which case there is always an exact copy on and offline?

If there is a way to do this I would appreciate any clues, links, books,
and
methods and programming techniques to achieve this.

Andrew