Years ago I designed a system using Lasso (3.5 I think) with FileMaker running on OS 9 on a 300Mhz G3 that handled about 4K hits per day, most hits during typical works hours. Your system is definitely not in the high-performance realm (no offense) and your hardware should handle the load quite well. Of course, that's a bold statement not knowing the size of your data or complexity of your queries.