Do you know the ASCII values for the characters that are being turned into
question marks? Are you able to verify that the data is not be imported by
querying the underlying ascii value?

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Zimmerman
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/2/04 1:00 PM
Subject: Mysql and PHPMYadmin

Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me, as I have tried everywhere for help and
still cannot get this to work.

I am using MySQL 4.1.1

I have a sql file that contains french accent characters. I have 8
fields in
my database. Now the content of the text file imports into my database,
when
I import the text into the database some fields enter the accent
characters
correctly and others do not.

The field type varchar imports the text no problem.

The field type text does not, it converts my accents into ? and does not
import them.

I have tried to change the character sets and this also does not work.
Does
anyone know how I can solve this problem. Also what is the correct
character
set and collation for french characters.

Please could someone help.

Thanks

Barry
Barry Zimmerman