Hi all,

I've been searching the archives & mysql documentation for a while and I
can't seem to find an answer to my question -

Is there a way to force InnoDB to shrink its filesize? I just dropped a 7GB
table, but it hasn't freed up the disk space and I need it back. From what
I've been reading, a restart will cause this to happen, but I'm in a
production environment, and I'm afraid that InnoDB will take its sweet time
while my users are holding their breath.

Here is a cut/paste:

mysql> show table status like 'CNRC' \G
           Name: CNRC
           Type: InnoDB