On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:42:03 -0400 , David Seltzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Marc,
>
> Is there really no way to reclaim unused space in an InnoDB table space? If
> not, why is this not considered a tremendous limitation?

Some do consider it a tremendous limitation.  It all depends on how it
is being used.

Oh, and one thing I forgot... in newer 4.1 versions, if you set things
up so each table has its own file with "innodb_file_per_table", then I
think if you do an optimize table it will end up shrinking the file
for that table since it will recreate it.  However that really is just
a workaround, and there are a lot of disadvantages to that method ...
especially the fact that free space is now per table instead of per
tablespace.