Im considering a design that mixes InnoDB and MyISAM tables. I want Innodb for
speed, etc, but i have one table where i want a column to have a FULLTEXT
index on. Thus the need for MyISAM.

Im not worried about the performance in using the MyISAM tables, as we speak,
the production version of the system is using MyISAM tables without problems.

The main concern is that by using a MyISAM table, i lose foreign key support,
and cannot do a cascade on delete, which i'd really like to have, and not
have to manually mimic the cascade behaviour.
I suppose i've gotten along fine without having foreign key support for a
number of years, so this probably isnt that bad.

Anyone else run into similar issues?
Any thoughts?

thanks much
sean peters