Good morning to all.

I am using the mySQL connector to connect to the mySQL database.  My
question concerns the session between the DB and the client.

How is the session maintained?  In other words, how does the DB know that it
is communicating with my specific connection?  Here is why I ask.

In a test under JAVA I create 2 different Connection objects.  I verify that
they are not the same Java object.  I looked at the code for my driver and
at it's heart, when I call for a new connection the code looks like it
creates a new one and doesn't reuse an existing one.  I'm not positive about
this yet.  If I create these two supposed connections and insert into a
table with one, both connections read the same last_insert_ID() value.

This tells me that the DB is treating my connections as the same connection.
I need to know if the problem is that MySQL is caching and reusing any
connection from my client OR if the problem is with my driver.

Thank you for insights.

God Bless

Paul C. McNeil
Developer in Java, MS-SQL, MySQL, and web technologies.
Microneil Research
Sortmonster Anti Spam

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
To God Be The Glory!