For a lot of australia DVB users this would be a really bad addition to mythtv, lots of the channels here dont have guide data yet and its useful to just hide them from the tv guide.

Why do you have channels in the system you dont want to watch? Cant you not install them?

On 22/02/2005, at 9:51 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:

I tried this patch (after adding an AND to the additional SQL statement), and it works like a charm. IMHO, it would be great if this could be added to the CVS.

At 5:13 PM -0500 2/5/05, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I am running the CVS version from Feb 2. I have the "Always use browse mode
 when changing channels in LiveTV" option turned on.

If I use the remote's up/down arrows to switch channels, the OSD displays
all channels in the database, even the ones that don't appear in the EPG
because they are marked invisible. Is this intentional?

When the 'visible' flag was added, browse mode wasn't modified to honor
the setting when browing channels. Changing browse mode to support the
visible flag looks like it would be just 1 line of code in tv_rec.cpp in
TVRec::DoGetNextChannel. I guess if it's not on the EPG then it probably
shouldn't be visible in browse mode. If you want to test a fix, edit
libs/libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp and search for TVRec::DoGetNextChannel. Find
the following section in that method:

QString wherepart = QString("cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND "
"capturecard.cardid = \"%1\" AND "
"capturecard.hostname = \"%2\" AND "
"cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid ")
.arg(cardid)
.arg(gContext->GetHostName());

Add a line below the "capturecard.hostname" line so it looks like this:

QString wherepart = QString("cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND "
"capturecard.cardid = \"%1\" AND "
"capturecard.hostname = \"%2\" AND "
"channel.visible = 1 "

add AND to above

"cardinput.sourceid = channel.sourceid ")
.arg(cardid)
.arg(gContext->GetHostName());

That should cause the code to only look at visible channels when trying to
find the next channel above or below the current one. I think that should
be all it needs to fix it for you. If it does, I can get the fix in CVS.

-- Dan Wilga [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web Administrator http://www.mtholyoke.edu Mount Holyoke College Tel: 413-538-3027 South Hadley, MA 01075 "Who left the cake out in the rain?" _______________________________________________ mythtv-dev mailing list mythtv-dev@mythtv.org http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev