Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 12:20 +0100, Terry Barnaby wrote:

Terry Barnaby wrote:

Eureka !

I think I have tracked down the problem with the XvMC VLD breaking on
channel changes with TS streams.

Enclosed is an updated patch that fixes the problem of both standard XvMC and XvMC VLD breaking on channel changes with TS streams.

Note: This only handles XvMC and XvMC VLD Codecs. Other Codecs
that have problems with channel changes with TS streams will
now exit with an error message.

I removed the exit, but kept the error message. One should never exit from within a library, especially on data, there must be some
proper error handling mechanism you could use.

I also didn't commit the SIPParser changes, you need to convince
Tayler Jacob it is needed.

-- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for adding the patch.
I agree there should not be an exit there, but there does not seem
to be a way of returning an error from this. I must admit, with my
searching through the libavformat and libavcodec code fro the problem there is some room for improvement !

Yes, the SIPParser changes were not needed, they slipped into this
patch from some one elses patch.

Now I have got the channel changing working better, (although not
ideal as there should be no need to close down and re-create Codecs,
(this could be done in mpegts) ...), I would like to get the
new merged Xv/XvMC code working with XvMC VLD.
Is it worth me having a look at this now, or shall I hang fire untill
you have completed the change to the Xv/XvMC init ?

Cheers

Terry