Le 19.10.2005 18:55:57, J. Donavan Stanley a écrit :
Emmanuel wrote:

Le 18.10.2005 20:36:09, J. Donavan Stanley a écrit :

Chris Dos wrote:

I think I remember reading that the VIA XvMC is limited to something like 1024x768 resolution and it doesn't do native HD resolutions.

The newer chipsets feature MPEG2/4 acceleration at resolutions up to 1080p.

Does the free driver support those accelerations correctly?

MPEG2 yes, MPEG4 no. I was watching flawless 1080i on my little commel board.

Thanks... Hmm what is a commel board? Is that a mobo integrating the VIA chipset?
Any hint for when the MPEG4 acceleration will be supported?
Sorry for the flurry of questions ;-)
Bye
Manu