On Nov 20, 2005, at 3:11 PM, George Nassas wrote:

On a similar note, which "which" are people using? I find that the default Apple/Darwin/bsd one in /usr/bin gives a chatty multiword message when it doesn't find the file and this interacts badly with configure statements like test x`which sdl-config` != x. This makes the plugins configure fail unless I change the path to use the DarwinPorts one in /sw/bin. I don't see how a stock OSX could ever run that configure script.

I guess we could just put double quotes around both sides of the comparison.

Interesting, I never noticed that before, just as an FYI, my Mac Mini that I'm using for compiles seems to work fine and it is using the / usr/bin/which

$ which which
/usr/bin/which

$ which blah
no blah in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin