On Nov 21, 2005, at 12:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A lot of times you'll see something like this because you didn't

run "make clean" when the commit log said to.  Sometimes we commit

changes that require a "make clean" or rerunning configure, so always

try those those two things if your compilation fails with an undefined

reference like this.  If you still get the error, then ask on the -users

list to see if others are experiencing the error before asking on the

-dev list.

This time it was, indeed, the case of not running make clean.  However, other times I have had to make small changes to the code which I found strange.  Thanks for the list of steps to take.   I'l be sure to be diligent before posting here.  You all should be very proud of the work.  This is a great development group.