To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev@mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Sync problem in LiveTV

On 11/30/05 16:39, raptorjr wrote:

Yes, at the moment it is unchecked. Think i have tried ever possible combination of that option, and the Extra audio buffering option. But checked or unchecked
it makes no difference.
But i wonder if it is the problem that i have that the information text explains on the Extra audio buffering option, "crackly" sound? Since i have a hardware encoding card.

But unfortunately that setting doesn't help me. Could it be broken?

It definitely works. Turn off extra audio buffering and play a very dark show (or a show with very dark scenes). During the dark scenes, you'll hear pops and clicks.

The problem may be IO related.  Anything in the logs?

Mike