Hi,

>> I have soldered the cable, but my tv doesn't auto switch.  I wonder how
>> that works though.  Does it require pin 8?  Quote:
>> Internal: 0.0...2.0 V
>> External (16:9): 4.5...7.0 V
>> External (4:3): 9.5...12.0 V
>> Should we just set it up with 12V?
>> And can we switch it to 16:9 using a relay if that format is detected?
>> can remember someone on the list wanting to try it, but couldn't find it
>> in my history.
>
> There are two pins you may need - pin 8 indicates the presence of
> a signal and it's format and there is another pin to indicate whether
> the source is composite or RGB data.

I already soldered the RGB pin; that works.  But how do you connect the
other pin.  What resistor did you use?  It says input impedance > 10 kOhm.
 Now, what do I use to get from 12V to 6V?  Simply use 10 kOhm?

> My TV allows me to explicitly select RGB which works even if the
> pin is indicating composite so I just use that. Plus I changed the
> default mode to 16:9 which means the display is always right because
> Myth pillarboxes 4:3 output by default if it thinks you have a 16:9
> display.

My tv is on auto detect, so it will do 4:3 tv in 16:9 subtitle zoom mode
and will do 16:9 in true 16:9 if it's detected.  It will detect a tv
transmission in 16:9 and a 16:9 dvd if my dvd player is used, but not if I
play the dvd on mythtv.

Kind regards,

Mark