Brad,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:45:38 -0800, Brad Templeton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snipped-
> Surprised to see much CPU in the back end, that I don't normally see
> when it's recording.  All it has to do is demux the atsc stream and write
> to disk.   Have not tried the 1.6 drivers, they reported it doesn't work
> well on 2.6.10 in the release notes for that driver.

The readme for 1.6 says that it doesn't compile with 2.6.10 due to PCI
changes.  Basically, the pci_save_state and pci_restore_state calls in
2.6.10 have had the second (of two) parameters obsoleted.  So, you
just have to edit the two files (one for bttv and one for cx8800,
don't remember offhand which ones, but they'll show up as errors when
you do the make ;) to remove the second parameter.  Other than that,
is seems to be working fine for me (except of course, the performance
issue I working through).

I'll check my memory bandwidth momentarily.

Thanks,
phlepper

--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius