Paul Leppert wrote:

Brad,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:45:38 -0800, Brad Templeton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snipped-

Surprised to see much CPU in the back end, that I don't normally see
when it's recording. All it has to do is demux the atsc stream and write
to disk. Have not tried the 1.6 drivers, they reported it doesn't work
well on 2.6.10 in the release notes for that driver.

The readme for 1.6 says that it doesn't compile with 2.6.10 due to PCI changes. Basically, the pci_save_state and pci_restore_state calls in 2.6.10 have had the second (of two) parameters obsoleted. So, you just have to edit the two files (one for bttv and one for cx8800, don't remember offhand which ones, but they'll show up as errors when you do the make ;) to remove the second parameter. Other than that, is seems to be working fine for me (except of course, the performance issue I working through).

I'll check my memory bandwidth momentarily.

Thanks,
phlepper

Could someone let me know how to commet out the parameters, and where exactly to do it? I just had to reinstall FC2 and the kernel Im using is 2.6.10, so Ive not been using it. Thanks for any help.

Tom