----- Original Message -----
From: "John Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] vonage caller id

> >Asterisk is
> > open source PBX, that can be easily connected to outside scripts, that
can
> > then do mythnotifies .....Misterhouse that will send notifies on more
> > important events....
>
> So you have a PBX and a home automation system in your home? How much
> do each of these projects cost? I took a good look at the asterisk
he,he, they are both open source. they cost only your time...

> project and it didn't look like much of an outlay, but what are the
> advantages to having a PBX in your home if you have one line? Maybe
> you have a business in your home?
Well Asterisk isn't just plain PBX. It has also voicemail, Interactive Voice
for free, also with others... I can control house over phone and  DTMF,
Festival (TTS) speaks back what's going on in the house, etc... And yes, I
have one line too, but like all these features...

Regards,

Rob.